- Oh look, an update....
- November 10th, 2010
Three months after my last one, but whatever. It's been a hellabusy few months.
In no particular order...
1. I'm trying to kill myself between now and the end of the year. Starting January 1, anyone who takes a national exam radiology exam (x-ray), including post-primary certifications (CT, MRI, mammography, etc.), will be subject to some form of re-examination or other way of demonstrating that they still know what the hell they are doing. Thus, me and many other folks are trying to knock out exams before December 31. I've applied to take my CT exam (they're fucking around with my paperwork -- damn it, just approve my clinical experience so I can take the damn test!). I'm also currently cramming mammography clinicals into 3 weeks, so I can take *THAT* test by the end of the year as well. In addition to taking 8 hours of college classes as well. And did I mention that my clinicals are 2 1/2 hours away from where I live, because no one in Wichita would either take me or return my friggin' phone call about it (that pissed me off the most -- how difficult is it to call me?!?!)? At least it's 10 minutes from my sister's place, so I'm staying with her for the duration. Except for the weekends, when I'm driving back to Wichita to work.
2. As pretty as Alex O'Loughlin is in "Hawaii 5-0," I really kinda dig Danno.
3. "The Walking Dead" is made of awesome. Zombies FTW!
4. I spent a week in New York last month, visiting a friend I used to work with in Florida. I had a BLAST, walked my legs off and met Dee Snider of Twisted Sister. Sadly, it was the week before the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, so I didn't get a chance to go to a taping of "The Daily Show." I desperately needed more time there, though. So much more to see and do that I didn't get to. But I did see/do/visit the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground Zero, firefighter and police department museums (FDNY had a better 9/11 memorial), Central Park, American Museum of Natural History (had a nifty Race to the South Pole exhibit), the Metropolitan Museum of Art (which was so big my head was spinning by the end -- there's no way to see that in one whole day), and a whole lot of just wandering.
5. I love the Tuca Tuca massage bars and solid perfumes from Lush. I think I'd like to marinate in it. Forever.
6. How the hell did it get to be almost Thanksgiving? (Oh, yeah, I've been swamped with working three jobs and clinicals and studying and classes and....)
7. Does anyone have a Barnes & Noble nook? I have one, love it, and would like to try an experiment, if anyone else has one.
8. I was watching "The Event" but finally gave up on it. Just didn't care any longer.
9. Yay "Burn Notice" tomorrow!
10. I'm sure there was a lot more important stuff, but that's all my fried brain can handle at the moment. Seriously, clinicals are kicking my ass this week!